Color a Story: F.A.Q.
1. COLORING & PICTURE
It is ok, to sometimes have issues reaching an element in a scene. However, every element in each scene should be easily reachable. We are advising you to proceed as follow to color with better ease:
– Change the point of view to find a more suitable one to reach the object you want to color.
– Turn the camera to put the object in the center of the screen.
– Zoom to get closer from the object
Don’t be afraid to move the camera in every direction. As a general rule, large views are designed to color big areas. On the opposite side, all the close-up viewpoints are designed to color smaller elements.
We have no fixed timing regarding content updates. Creating new 3D scenes can take us time. However, we are aiming to release a new story every month (around 5 new colorings every month). Nonetheless, we might change the amount of content we update according to user demand and the app success.
We are always happy to hear feedback from our users. The best way to share your idea is to write it in a store review (on the App Store or Play Store). We are checking reviews very regularly and we will pick-up the coloring ideas we see the most.
The pictures taken within the app have a standard ratio of 3:4. We have chosen to do so to offer the same picture ratio on all devices.
A new scene preview is created according to the last camera angle recorded in the scene. To have full control of what the preview will be, we advise you to take a picture and to directly leave the scene from there: the preview will be the same as your picture.
Note: a new preview is created only if you start coloring a scene.
Note 2: previews are cropped to a 1:1 ratio.
There might be two reasons for this to happen:
– You pressed the button “Start Over” before launching the scene.
– We have made a scene update on our server to correct a bug. When we modify a scene that has already been published, we are releasing a new version on our server. However, we can’t merge the new version with the previous version on your device. The new version will overwrite your version. We are trying to avoid doing so, but in some cases, we have to update a new scene version.
Yes, you will lose your coloring. The app data are stored locally only. However uninstalling the app won’t cancel your subscription and you will still have the pictures you saved in your phone gallery.
We sadly have no solution if you lose your phone data. The app is only storing your data locally and is not saving your coloring online. However, the pictures you took in the app and saved in your phone gallery should still be there (unless your data loss is affecting your whole device).
There is no built-in solution right now. The app is not saving your coloring online, everything is stored locally on your phone.
3. SUBSCRIPTION (DEPRECATED)
First of all, you have to know that it is normal. If you did not cancel your subscription before the end of your free trial period, you are automatically billed. You can continue to have access to all the app content for the duration of your subscription. Your subscription will be automatically renewed at the end of the subscription period if you don’t take any action.
If you don’t want to renew your subscription, please read the question “How can I cancel my subscription?”.
The method to restore your subscription changes if you are using Android or iOS.
– Android: you have to ensure to be logged in with the right Google Play account. Launch the “Play Store” and open the left main menu. Select “Subscriptions”. You will see if there is an active subscription to our app with your current account.
– iOS: launch the app and from the main menu tap on the settings wheel on the top right corner. Select “Restore a subscription” and follow the procedure.
The method to cancel your subscription changes if you are using Android or iOS.
– Android: launch the “Play Store” and open the left main menu. Select “Subscriptions”. You will see your subscription to our app. You can cancel your subscription from this menu.
– iOS: launch the device “Settings” and click on your ID (on top), then click on “subscription”. You should see and be able to manage your subscription to our app from there.
The download packages of the app is around 40MB. Once installed the app is taking around 100MB on your device. When you open a scene, the app is downloading it from our servers. A scene can take up to 500 extra KO. With everything downloaded, the app should not take more than 200MB.
The app has no sound.